Sunday, January 01, 2006

What I'm getting myself into...

So this is my new year's resolution list, in order of importance:
-Work harder in my courses.
-Write a blogger journal every day.
-Make something new (or work on making something new) every day.

 To explain a little bit, I'm taking somewhere around 20 credits worth of courses at Ramapo College as a Physics major. As for the journal, I've started so many notebooks and journals that it's ridiculous how few are filled completely. Actually, the first time I ever completely filled a notebook was this past semester in my Calculus 2 class. How sad is that? I figure what with being able to e-mail blog entries to myself, I should be more than able to work through my apparent lack of attention to notes.
 Recently I've been reading the book, The Know-It-All by A. J. Jacobs, wherein the Esquire editor decides to read the entire Encyclopaedia Brittanica, and it has inspired me to make some sort of quest for myself. This year will hopefully see me make some very cool things, and some interesting journal entries in the meantime.
 Now, I understand that there are some very easy cop-outs (oh, how I loathe that phrase...) that I could make here, and I intend to, whenever possible, avoid them. So, some ground rules:
-The thing that I'm making may not have schoolwork as its primary purpose.
-Only a restriction of access to both e-mail and web can justify a lack of entry for a day. However, if I get access, I must do a backdated entry.
-Finals and important assignments for school or my internship take precedence over writing or making something. That being said, backdated entries are still okay.

Wish me luck!

No comments: