Sunday, March 22, 2009

Skills

I figured I eventually had to make this list. This is a list of fabrication skills that I have, and those that I want to learn.

Fluent:
Electronic design (Discrete Components)
Basic mechanical design
Scrounging for parts
Soldering (Electronics)

Conversant:
Blacksmithing
Board design
Milling/Drill press (Metal/Plastic)
Larger-scale carpentry
Rigging
Pipe soldering

Know how to order dinner:
Turning (Metal/Plastic)
MIG/TIG Welding
Sewing

Interested, and got my hands on:
Glass blowing/bending
Sheet metal work
Precision machining
PCB etching
Woodworking

Interested, and never got to try:
Composite work (i.e. fiberglass or carbon fiber)
Wood lathe
Knitting

If you or anyone you know can teach me any of the above, or at least more than I already know, please let me know!

No comments: